|Phone:||M: (703) 863-0650||(703) 863-0650||mobile|
|Phone:||O: (703) 745-1212||(703) 745-1212||office|
Ken Trotter, J.D., Realtor®
Trusted Advisor and Advocate
- License #:
- DC & Virginia
About Ken Trotter
Recognized as one of Washington, DC's Top Producers (Washingtonian 2017 and 2018), Ken has 20 years professional experience combined in the legal and real estate fields. Prior to becoming a top producing Realtor® he was a successful litigation attorney in Washington, DC, and draws frequently from that experience in his real estate career:
"The skills to be a successful Realtor® are the same skills it takes to be a successful lawyer. I focus on making my clients’ interests my sole priority and zealously strive to achieve the best results for the client.”
Education: Ken earned a Law Degree at Vanderbilt University Law School and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in English (Minor, Political Science) from Brigham Young University. Ken stays abreast of real estate trends through ongoing eduction both in the D.C. area, as well as attending industry-leading real estate conferences nationwide.
Home Trends with Ken: Ken also is the Host of a video series, Home Trends with Ken, which aims to help you create the home of your dreams while adding equity to one of your most valuable assets. In the series he presents original content on trending topics such as “Spring Spruce Up to Increase Curb Appeal,” The Latest Design Trends for Your Home, “Top Questions to Ask Before Starting a Remodel,” and more. You can see this web series at the tab "Home Trends with Ken" on this site.
Personal: In his personal life Ken has globe “trotted” to Africa, South America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. Ken is a long-time resident of the Washington, DC area and makes his home in the Lake Barcroft neighborhood of Falls Church, Virginia. Ken is member of the Falls Church Chamber of Commerce and a Corporate Sponsor of Signature Theater in Arlington, Associate Sponsor of the Creative Cauldron in Falls Church City, and Co-Chair of the Music on the Lake Concert Series at Lake Barcroft.
The Ken Trotter Advantage in Real Estate
In addition to strong analytic, communication, and negotiating skills, Ken has a unique ability to tell a home's story, which has resulted in his listings being featured in The Washington Post, Washington Business Journal, Curbed DC, DC Magazine, and Falls Church News Press. The ability to create a buzz about a property has resulted in listings selling more quickly and for top dollar. Here are the top 5 reasons to work with Ken:
1. Ken Listens to your goals and needs.
2. Ken Looks at the unique qualities of each property or homebuyer, understanding that “one size does” not fit all when it comes to marketing or finding a home. He examines market conditions that may affect your listing or offering price.
3. Ken Prepares a custom strategy for each seller and home buyer, taking care of all the details so you don’t have to worry about them. He works closely with a talented pool of stagers and photographers to help your home stand-out from the competition.
4. Ken Attracts the biggest pool of potential buyers through innovative and state-of-the-art marketing campaigns. He knows how to harness the power of the internet and media to gain maximum exposure for your property.
5. Ken Closes by overseeing the entire home sale process from beginning to end, with a comprehensive system to assure sure that your transaction closes smoothly and promptly. He negotiates the purchase agreement, prepares necessary documentation, and liaisons with the settlement company, other agents, appraisers, and inspectors to assure your transaction closes smoothly and promptly.